Why advertise on Facebook?
Facebook is the biggest and most widely used social media platform with over 2.13 billion monthly active users and 1.4 billion daily users worldwide. These users on Facebook are often highly engaged with content, with one third of Facebook users engaging with brands regularly. This makes Facebook an effective platform to advertise your business on, whether you’re a start-up or an established business.
Through paid Facebook Advertising, you can raise awareness of your brand, drive traffic to your website, boost sales and more. The various types of campaign types Facebook offers allow you to optimise your campaign to work with your business goals.
What are the types of Facebook Campaigns?
Facebook offers 11 different campaign objectives, which are based on the goals of your advertisement. These are:
- Brand Awareness: Increase awareness for your brand by reaching people who are more likely to be interested in it.
- Reach: Show your ad to the as many people in your target audience as possible.
- Traffic: Drive traffic to a destination on or off Facebook such as a website, app or Messenger conversation.
- Engagement: Expose a post to a wider audience in order to increase number of engagements, such as: likes, comments, shares, photo views, page likes, event responses etc.
- App Installs: Get more people to install your app.
- Video Views: Get more people to view your video content to increase brand awareness.
- Lead Generation: Drive more sales leads, such as email addresses, from people interested in your brand or business.
- Messages: Get more people to send messages to your business in Messenger.
- Conversions: Drive valuable actions on your website, in your app or in Messenger.
- Catalogue Sales: Create ads that automatically show items from your catalogue based on your target audience.
- Store Visits: Get more people nearby to visit your bricks-and-mortar locations.
What are the different ad formats?
Facebook allows for advertisements to be styled in a number of different ways, these include:
- Carousel: This allows you to use up to 10 images or videos in one advert, which users are able to scroll through. Each image is able to have its own link. This formats works will all campaign types except post engagement and product catalogue sales.
- Single Image: Create an ad using an image and text. This format allows you to create up to 6 ads with one image each at no extra charge. You can use this ad format with all campaign types except video views.
If you are using text overlays in your images, they should cover less than 20%of your images, otherwise the ad will be rejected. The less text there is on your image, the more effective to ad delivery will be.
- Single Video: Create an ad using one video and text. The recommended length of this video is up to 15 seconds, however the maximum length is up to 240 minutes and the file size can be a maximum of 4GB. This ad format allows for all campaign types.
- Slideshow: Use up to 10 still images to create a looping slideshow video. This video can be a maximum of 50 seconds long. This ad format works with all campaign types except post engagement and product catalogue sales.
- Collection: This ad format is mobile only and allows you to feature a collection of items that open into a full screen experience. Either start with a template or use the advanced Canvas builder to control the layout and access advanced design and interaction options. This ad format only works with the conversions and traffic campaign types.
Take a look at some more example of successful Facebook ads here!
Reaching your target audience
Facebook offers advanced targeting options in order to ensure that you reach your desired audience.
Setting up a new audience: You can create your target audience from scratch using a variety of factors, including: location, age, gender, interests, job title, income, behaviours and more. Facebook also allows you to exclude users based on a number of these factors. Once you have created your audience, you are able to save it so that you can reuse it in future campaigns.
Create custom audience: By creating a custom audience, you can ensure that you reach people who have an existing relationship with your business, whether they are existing customers or people who have interacted with your business on Facebook or other platforms. For example, you could target people who have previously visited your site or launched your app.
Create a lookalike audience: By creating a lookalike audience, you can reach new people on Facebook who are similar to your current audience.
Setting your budget
Facebook Advertising doesn’t require a massive budget in order to see some fantastic results. Although, obviously, the more money you invest into this, the higher the results will be.
You can either choose to set a daily or lifetime budget, then can choose to set a start and end date or just allow the ad to run continuously until the budget is fully used up. Facebook allows you to choose when you will get charged for your ad. For example, if you optimised your campaign to drive traffic to your website, you could either pay per impression (CPM) or pay per link click (CPC). You are able to set a bid to say the maximum amount you are willing to spend per result or you can allow Facebook to automatically set it to help you get the most results at the best price.
Do you want to start advertising on Facebook?
As part of our social media management services, we can help set up, manage and optimise your Facebook Ads. Get in contact with us to find out more!